Pajeon is a variety of pancake with spring onions, as 'pa' literally means 'spring onion' and 'jeon' refer to many pancake-like dishes in Korean.
This is a classic combination that is quick and light enough for everyday dining, this is also ideal for weeknight entertaining.
Let's get started...
|The Korean Pancake Mix|
Batter: Pour 2 cups of Korean pancake mix and 2 of cups water into a large bowl.
2.Mix until it's smooth. (You can add more pancake mix or water if needed to get the consistency of a thin pancake batter.)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Spring onion, chopped (Pajeon is usually recognizable by the highly visible green onions, so you can put more)
- Carrot, chopped
- Cucumber, chopped
3. Mix all the ingredients together in the bowl
4. Heat a pan over medium flame and a little oil.
6. Use the flipper to gently check under the pancake to see if it is browned nicely or burning rapidly. You will need to flip it once the other side is lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Soy sauce mix with vinegar for its dipping sauce.
Serve pancakes warm.
This recipes have been tried and tested and it was really delicious and easy to make. Bon appetit!