What is this ??
떡볶이 Tteokbokki also known as topokki is a popular Korean snack food made from soft rice cake, fish cake and sweet red chili sauce Usually, It can be purchased easily from street vendors...
This 떡볶이 recipe, I learn from an experienced Korean chef, Madam Shin (Shin Sonsengnim) from Korea Plaza.
Interested to join Korean Cooking Class Click on detail here=)
What you need to do 떡볶이 ???
10-12 떡볶이 떡 (Korean rice cake)
2 sheets 어묵 (Fish cake), sliced
Sliced onion, carrot, green pepper, chili...
- 5-6 국물용 멸치 (dried anchovies for soup stock)
- 2-3 dried chili and garlic
- 1 2x2" piece of 다시마 (dried sea kelp)
- 3 tablespoons 고추장 (chili pepper paste)
- 1 tablespoon 고춧가루 (chili pepper powder)
- 1 tablespoon 간장 (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Pour all of the chicken soup stock into a large wok and bring to a boil.
2. Add the sauce mixture, onions and leeks.
3. Add the sauce and mix thoroughly.
4. Boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Add rice cake. Continue to boil for about 15 minutes, then tossing and mixing the ingredients such as fish cake, green pepper and etc.
As you can see from the video above...
Stir gently with a wooden spoon when it starts to boil.
Keep stirring until the rice cake turns soft and the sauce thickens and reduce slightly.
Remove 떡볶이 from the heat and serve it Hot
Have you tasted 떡볶이before?
Did you like the taste?
I’d love to hear your comment